Friday, November 27, 2009

1937 Hetchins Brillant sold

1937 Hetchins Brillant. 57cm center to center seattube and toptube. It was built for 26 1 1/4" wheels(597 bead seat diameter). The frameset is outfitted with a Chater Lea floating race headset(minus the bearings) and a Chater Lea cottered bottom bracket. The paint restoration was done by Brian Bayliss a long time ago, maybe a decade??? by the previous owner.

I bought it a couple years ago with full intention of building it up, I located cranks, wheels and other bits but realize I am not ever going to build up. In fact, it has not been built up since the paint restoration.


The frame is a little dusty in the pictures, from sitting around for a couple years.








4 comments:

Tim D. said...

It's a beauty. A shame I'm so damn short.

Via Bicycle said...

it is a beauty, shame I never built it up. i would trade for a Herse or Singer Porteur frame. . . .

Anonymous said...

Ummm vibrant....

Velouria said...

Holy %^&**!
I had barely recovered form the Rene Herse, only to see this Hetchins. Impressive, and the lugs are to die for.